Sunday, April 20, 2008

Almost Two Years


So Jim and I have our two year anniversary coming up and wanted to do something special. last year I put together a shadow box of the things we did on that day. I will most likely make another one and will in the future. It will be crazy If I made one for every year we are together. My goal is 50. So I was thinking this year of making an awesome cake. I've been watching Ace of Cakes on the food network channel and really want to try making a cake with fondant... the shape of a real heart with a fork and spoon crossing on top. its significant. before I met jim a got a fork and spoon tattoo kris crossing on my shoulder. It signified the man and the woman and in away I was looking for my fork and i found it when I met jim. So its been an ongoing theme. the first monthwe were going out I made him a necklace with a spoon on it and i had one with a fork. he wore it until it broke. than for our one year anniversary I got us rings made out of spoon handles. i put them in a small heart shapes box with a sculpey heart I made with the crossing spoon and fork on top. You can see the box in the picture. so I wanted to do the same thing but with a cake. Its in june so I will have time to practice with smaller projects. My friend has a birthday coming up and wanted to make her one. she loves plants and gardening so it will be that theme. I'll post later how that goes. 

1 comment:

Nichol Brinkman said...

Your shadow box is great. I love Ace of Cakes too. It's such a happy show full of people I would like to know who make great cakes. Good luck on your cake making adventures---it must be similar to sculpey, so I am sure you will be right at home.